Download full RFP for Davis Mini Grants HERE!
Info Session: Tuesday, Sept. 19 @ 5pm (MCPHS White Hall 300); Thursday, Sept. 21 @ Noon (Emmanuel TBA)
Deadline to submit: Thursday, October 19, 2017
The Davis Educational Foundation has awarded the Colleges of the Fenway a grant of $100,000 to assist us in furthering our work in Designing and Implementing Innovative Shared Academic Programming.
Specifically, these funds will be used to launch faculty project grants that increase the number of innovative, shared academic programs that also support the enrollment and retention of students or further the missions or strategic initiatives of the institutions involved.
We will fund projects that focus on one or more of the following areas:
- The development of joint academic programs – including majors, minors and certificates that capitalize on the unique strengths and courses offered by the COF members and increase the colleges’ abilities to recruit and retain students.
- Review and creation of structures and governance mechanisms that support shared departments and programs, reducing redundancy and expanding opportunities for students.
- Development of mechanisms for connecting students by entrepreneurial interests, including the creation of a COF incubator for student projects.
- Packaging of the commonalities in curricula (ex. languages, multicultural, etc.) and/or development of interdisciplinary programs, including certificates, majors, minors, travel courses, symposia, etc.
- Opening Cross-Registration to COF graduate students and the development of joint graduate programs.
- The expansion of shared professional development that focuses on excellence while reducing redundancies and builds on the success of our annual Teaching and Learning Conference, Leadership Management Program, Department Chairs Workshop and Faculty Financials Workshop.