Professional Development – International Opportunities
There are many international professional development opportunities, some of which are included below. Please contact the GEO Center if you are aware of additional opportunities that should be added!
- The GEO Center often purchases and arranges viewings of webinars offered by professional organizations, such as NAFSA and AIEA, which are open to all COF community members. Please let us know if you find a webinar you are interested in, and chances are we can collaborate!
International Grants, Awards, and Seminars:
- International Education Administrators Program: “Create empowering connections with the societal, cultural and higher education systems of other countries.” Grants available to France, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, and the U.K.
- Scholars Program: “offers U.S. faculty, administrators and professionals grants to lecture, conduct research in a wide variety of academic and professional fields, or to participate in seminars.”
- Fulbright Scholar Program Workshop Slides: An introduction to Fulbright Scholar Program and all Fulbright opportunities have to offer.
- Focuses on the German educational system, German-American academic equivalencies, and student exchange between Germany and the United States.
- Paul P. Fidler Research Grant
- Open to faculty, staff, graduate students who plan to conduct research on issues of college student transitions.
- Award for Excellence in Education Abroad Curriculum Design (Forum on Education Abroad)
- This award “honors an individual or group of individuals at a Forum member institution or organization for excellence in curriculum design of an education abroad course.”
Consider leading a program abroad! Help to internationalize your campus through curriculum! There are many resources available. More information on developing International Programs here.