Scholarships and Funding
Funding opportunities exist for international travel! Application requirements, deadlines and procedures vary, so it is extremely important that you do your research and plan early. So speak with your provider, financial services counselor and study abroad advisor to see how and when to apply.
How can I afford to study abroad?
- Plan ahead! Many study abroad scholarship applications are due 6 months or more before you would even go abroad.
- Consider the cost of living of the region of the world where you want to go.
- Speak with a study abroad advisor on your campus.
- Check with your financial aid office to see what financial aid you might be able to use while abroad.
- You can search various scholarship opportunities through the Programs “Advanced Search” on our COF Studio Abroad website.
- Try an online search for scholarships, for example:
Fulbright U.S. Student Programs
The U.S. Student Program provides funding for individually designed international study/research projects or English Teaching Assistantships. For more information about applying with COF campus affiliation, click here.